Stronger South Derbyshire – Small Grants for Community Support during CV19
We know this is a particularly difficult time for your group or organisation and that you’ll be facing even more challenges than usual. We also know that relatively small amounts of money can go a long way in the right hands and that’s why we’re making our small grants application process even more accessible.
Like all funders, we have a limit to the grant resources available but we want to ensure that local groups and community organisations closest to their communities in South Derbyshire have access to additional funds during this crisis especially where it can really make a difference.
Applications are currently being sought from groups based and operating in South Derbyshire for sums of up to £500. This could be used to help people in practical ways, or provide emotional support, or helping people stay connected, or finding new ways to support your beneficiaries during this difficult time. We don’t want to be too prescriptive about the way the money is used but we do want to be able to understand how your beneficiaries will be helped during the CV19 crisis.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- We can’t pay grants directly into the accounts of individuals, or groups of individuals who have come together recently to provide informal support services to their communities, who don’t have a constitution and bank account. If you are an informal group like this please talk to us before making an application. We may be able to support you by holding the grant your behalf and making payments when you provide receipts or invoices.
- Only one application may be submitted per organisation.
- Funds to make grants or financial donations to other organisations or to individuals.
- Organisations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other unlawful basis.
- Organisations that are religious charities whose activities only promote the furtherance of their religion or only benefit their own religious members.
- Organisations that are political parties or campaigns.
This unrestricted funding can be used for core costs, staffing, volunteer costs, supplies and equipment, communications or other critical charitable areas. Applicants must be able to describe how the grant will improve the situation for their organisation and community.
We intend to review applications on a continuing basis until the fund has been fully dispersed. We will email you to let you know whether we can offer a grant or not as swiftly as possible. If your organisation is not a registered charity, it is possible that we will need to make further checks on your organisation, and if so, it may take slightly longer.
If you would like to apply please email email@example.com for an application form. Applications may be shared with other donors and funders who are approaching us offering support. We will also keep you informed of any other grants you might want to apply for.
Finally, we want to thank you for all the amazing work that you are doing in your community in this time of crisis. It’s greatly appreciated.
Other COVID 19 Funding
For other available COVID-19 funding, please see the Funding page https://strongersouthderbyshire.org/funding-for-groups/, which we will continue to update as we receive more information.