How to keep yourself and others safe when providing support to vulnerable people – video guides
It’s fantastic that so many people are offering to help during COVID-19. To ensure that volunteers protect themselves as well as the people they are helping, South Derbyshire CVS has collated some short video guides.
Volunteering during COVID-19
Tips for Telephone Befriending
To download the South Derbyshire CVS COVID-19 Volunteer Handbook, please click on the button below.
Further Information and Guidance for Volunteers
- Coronavirus: How to Help Safely (Government guidance on how people providing help to vulnerable individuals in the community can do this safely): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely–2
- Guidance on informal good neighbour activity (produced by Voluntary Action Leeds): https://doinggoodleeds.org.uk/supporting-your-neighbours/
- Guidelines for volunteers delivering medicines, shopping or other supplies to self-isolating individuals (produced by Derbyshire County Council): https://strongersouthderbyshire.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/guidelines-for-volunteers-delivering-food-or-medicines.docx
- Guidelines for volunteers in a food distribution centre (e.g food bank) during COVID 19 (produced by Derbyshire County Council): https://strongersouthderbyshire.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/guidelines-for-volunteers-working-in-food-distribution.docx
- Talking about Mental Health and Wellbeing – a booklet produced by Derbyshire County Council for volunteers around the promotion of mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19. Includes a poster outlining some of the wellbeing support available to volunteers. You can download it below:
Proud to be sharing resources across the NAVCA network